Monday, April 29, 2013

My Most Favorite

Anticipation

After work on Thursday, we're packing up and driving down to The Keys. I'll spend Friday afternoon in the conference call doldrums. Once work is complete, I will be free to work on Ms. Marisol and prepare for the weekend.


There will be a wedding to attend, paired with social obligations. There will be dancing and drinking and laughing.

More, nay, most importantly there will be sailing. I will get to fill the sails and spend some quality time on the water. And I will get to introduce two of my loves to each other.

Ms. Marisol this is Alligator Lighthouse

I've spent countless hours exploring the reef around Alligator Lighthouse. It's been my favorite destination in the world since childhood. We jump from the dock into clouds of millions of tiny fish and bubbles. I've heard some people have even gone past previously padlocked doors, climbed up ancient rusty old stairs, and breathed in salty panoramic views of Florida Bay and the Atlantic Ocean from the top of the light. The reef below a vivid clear green and white, snorkelers bob with the seas. If you're with law enforcement, the previous statement should not be considered a firsthand account of such an illegal activity.

I've sailed through unknown waters to get Ms. Marisol home to MM74 in the Keys. Now I get to enjoy home waters and some of my favorite things in a new way. Sailing.


Sunset at Alligator Reef - Photo by Tonya Wollard (c)


3 comments:

  1. I enjoy the way you write. And I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caren. More pictures to come after next weekend.

      Delete
  2. Man - looks like fun. I have done a few short sails around the mouth of the Oswego river where it empties into Lake Ontario. Hope to do some longer ones soon.

    ReplyDelete